Dermatologists advise about five ways of nail grooming...
- The best time to trim your nails is immediately after taking a bath. If it is not possible then soak your nails in lukewarm water for a few minutes to soften them.
- Use a nail clipper for your fingernails and don’t forget to disinfect your tools regularly.
- Smooth rough edges using a nail emery board.
- It is important to avoid cutting your cuticles. When you cut your cuticles then it is easier for germs to get inside your body causing an infection.
- Moisturize after trimming to help keep your nails flexible.
Overall, nails are a reflection of our health. So, keep an eye on your nails, and if you notice a change in the colour, texture or shape of the nail, consult a certified dermatologist immediately.