Indian markets moved ahead in between general election’s stir last week. Here, we are talking about the top five activities in the Indian market last week.
1. Index of industrial production growth for the month of February 2019 was flat at 0.1 percent as compared to a growth of 6.9 percent recorded during the same month a year ago.
2. March Consumer Price Index inflation came in at a five-month high of 2.86 percent year on year against 2.57 percent in February.
3. Indian export rose to a five-month high of 11 percent to USD 32.5 billion for the month of March this year while imports rose marginally by 1.4 percent to USD 43.44 billion.
4. Brent Crude oil prices closed higher at about US$71.8 per barrel as compared to previous week's close of US$71.4 per barrel.
5. Gold prices closed lower at about $1275 per ounce as compared to last week's closing price of $1296 per ounce.