These are the top five stir about in share market last week.
1. Reserve Bank of India reduced repo rate by 25 bps to 6.25 per cent considering the lower inflation projections and has changed the stance of monetary policy from calibrated tightening to neutral. RBI also announced that exposures of banks to NBFCs, excluding core investment companies, is to be assigned risk-weights as per ratings provided by accredited rating agencies against the earlier practice of 100 per cent risk weights.
2. According to the Federation of Automotive Dealers Associations data, retail auto sales grew by 8.5 per cent to 15.6 lakh units for January.
3. Brent Crude prices ended higher at about US$ 61.22 per barrel as compared to previous week’s close of US$ 60.92 per barrel.
4. Gold prices closed lower at $ 1313 per ounce as compared to last week’s closing price of $ 1322 per ounce.
5. Bond yields closed lower at 7.47 per cent as against last week’s closing of 7.5 per cent.
- Share market may get a temporary breather in coming sessions
- Check here the previous week highlights in the share market
- One should stick to only quality midcap stocks to ride the next upward move
- Consolidation in the market, accumulate quality midcap stocks in the coming week
- Equity benchmarks in Indian share market closed lower during last week