Here, these are the highlights of Indian market activities last week.
1. Nifty started the week on a positive note, however, profit booking at higher levels saw the index gave up its gains and closed at 10780 points levels.
2. Benchmark Nifty Midcap and small-cap closed lower by 2.8 and 3.3 per cent respectively.
3. The S&P BSE Sensex closed at 36025 points, down by 360 points while the NSE Nifty closed at 10780 points, down by 127 points for the week.
4. Gold prices ended slightly lower at $1283/ounce as compared to last week's closing price of $1290/ounce.
5. Brent Crude prices ended almost flat at about US$ 61.61/barrel as compared to previous week’s close of US$ 61.62/barrel.
6. Bond yields closed marginally lower at 7.544 per cent as against last week’s closing of 7.6 per cent.
7. The Indian Sugar Mills Association has cut 2018-19 sugar output to 30.7 million tonnes against the first advance estimates of 31.5 million tonnes released by ISMA in October 2018. Sugar production in 2017-18 was 32.5 million tonnes.