Signature Bridge is now open for general public. It spans the river Yamuna at Wazirabad section, connecting it to East Delhi. Here are all the specifications of it...
1. It is India’s first asymmetric cable-stayed bridge with a bow-shaped steel pylon.
2. It covers a distance of 675 meters. The width of this eight-lane bridge is 35.2 meters. The height of the pylon is 154 meters which are twice that of the Qutub Minar of Delhi.
3. The bridge is suspended by 19 pairs of cables.
4. It was conceptualized in the year 2004 and got Delhi state cabinet nod in the year 2007.
5. The project’s initial cost was estimated to be Rs.887 crore but was modified to Rs.1131 crore in the year 2013. Later, it was revised to Rs.1518 crore.
6. There were nine deadline misses during the completion of this bridge.
7. Approximately eight areas of capital would among the beneficiaries such as Wazirabad crossing, old barrage bridge, ISBT and Kashmere Gate.
8. Due to the opening of this bridge, Outer ring road from near Wazirabad crossing to ISBT will be completely decongested.