About 41 per cent of people make New Year’s resolutions, but only about eight per cent of them are successful in achieving their goals. Here are five tips that can help you re-frame your intentions to create lasting results with your New Year's resolutions.
1. Choose your goals with broad impact.
2. Work towards your goals that align with your values. If you are crafting resolutions that are not in line with your values, you will be less motivated to work toward them.
3. Do not add to the stress by piling on resolutions. Focus your energy on only one or two goals at a time. Rank the resolutions in the order of importance.
4. Find a friend to support you so that it is easier to keep the momentum going when you hit a bump in the road.
5. When you slip, figure out what went wrong and get back on track.