Flu is a contagious respiratory viral infection. Here are top tips to take care of someone with the Flu.
1. Give fever-reducing medicines that are right for the person's age, after consulting a physician, including acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin.
2. Keep the room comfortably cool.
3. Make sure they are wearing light-weight clothing.
4. Provide them fluids, especially water, quite frequently.
5. Consider sponging them with lukewarm water if they have a high fever.
6. Call a doctor if the patient of any age has a fever for more than three days or an infant under of three months old has a fever of100.4degrees or higher or a kid of 3-5 months old has a fever of 102degrees or higher.
7. To prevent dehydration drink plenty of fluids like water, fruit or vegetable juices and soups. Do not drink caffeine or alcohol.
8. Body aches are also a common symptom of the flu. To help reduce body aches, headaches, and tiredness, you should help to change a patient’s position in bed when they are awake.
9. Make sure it is quiet and calm in the room so they can relax.
10. To help with a stuffy nose, sore throat, and dry cough, you should use a clean, cool-mist humidifier or steam from a hot shower or bath. Gargle with salt water several times a day to help reduce a sore throat or cough.
11. Ask anyone who smokes not to smoke in the house.
12. For advice about your medical care, consult your doctor immediately.