Seasonal flu is a serious illness causing many hospitalizations and deaths each year. Here are the top five tips to combat this menace.
1. Doctors recommend that everyone from six months of age should be vaccinated against flu.
2. Washing your hands often, and sneezing into tissue will also help keep you and others healthy.
3. The typical symptoms of flu include fever, headache, cough, sore throat, fatigue or muscle aches.
4. If you are pregnant or if you have a health problem like heart disease, diabetes or asthma, it is very important to call your family doctor immediately when the first symptom appears. Your health condition could be made worse by the flu.
5. Consult your doctor if you have a fever with a stiff neck, headache, sore throat, earache, and less urine or dark-colored urine as well as green, brown-colored or bloody mucus that comes up when they cough and severe vomiting.