More consumers and health professionals are using wearable technology to monitor their daily health metrics. Not surprisingly, wearable technology is forecast as next year’s most popular trend in health and fitness.
The top 10 fitness trends for next year
1. Wearable Technology that Includes smartwatches, fitness trackers, heart rate monitors and some GPS tracking devices.
2. Group training by which instructors teach, lead and motivate individuals through intentionally designed, larger, group movement classes.
3. High-intensity interval training that involves short bursts of activity followed by a short period of rest.
4. Fitness programs for older adults. Many health and fitness professionals are taking the time to create age-appropriate fitness programs to keep older adults active.
5. Bodyweight training that uses minimal equipment, making it more affordable.
6. Hiring certified health or fitness professionals.
7. Yoga utilizes a series of specific bodily postures practised for health and relaxation. This includes Power Yoga, Bikram, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Kripalu, Kundalini, Sivananda and many more.
8. Personal Training. With the growing emphasis on increased physical activity, more people are preparing for careers in allied health fields.
9. The trend of functional fitness training focuses on strength training to improve balance and ease of daily living.
10. Exercising is the best medicine.