Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai. Here, these are the top seven specialities of this heritage.
1. The Museum is housed in two buildings in Mumbai based Films Division campus. First is the New Museum Building and second is the 19th-century historic palace, Gulshan Mahal.
2. The New Museum Building has four Exhibition Halls.
3. The first hall depicts the movies made on the life of Mahatma Gandhi and showcases the deep impact of his life had on cinema.
4. The second hall, provides visitors, particularly children, an opportunity to explore the science, technology and art behind filmmaking.
5. The third hall showcases the creative use of technology by Indian filmmakers over the years to produce a cinematographic impact on the silver screen.
6. The fourth hall showcases the charismatic kaleidoscopic presence of the vibrant cinematographic culture across India.
7. Gulshan Mahal showcases the journey of over a hundred years of Indian cinema.